Thursday, September 13, 2007

Squirrel In Tree, Snail In Garden



...Just as it should be.

By the way, I really am knitting on a daily basis; I am just working on the professional project right now and don't have time for my own stuff. The butterfly top is currently pinned (ha ha!) in my WIP basket and I haven't touched it for a week. Oh, and I am so close...
Oooh, "professional"! Hoi ti toi! Can I say that now, if I am getting money in exchange for knitting? Because it sounds really cool.
The "yarn art" project is from the Fall 1970 issue of McCall Needlepoint; suitable for disappointing any niece or nephew on Christmas Morning.

3 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

Oh yeah, uh-huh, that is the perfect Christmas gift . Are any of your nieces teenagers by any chance? They would absolutely hate that, to the point of not being able to conceal their disgust for it.

Most certainly you are a professional knitter.

Kristina B said...

Hey - that was my first needlepoint project you're poking fun at! (done in the womb... I was born in August 1970) ;-)

Kidding... really. But if you can come up with the black velvet backed version of that motif, I might actually have to buy it to go on my "kitsch" wall (together with my backlighted Christ on the Cross icon and my collection of cheesy Greek key woven bags).

And - you pro knitter you - feel free to gloat! We who knit for free (aside from the odd underpaid project for coworkers... which will happen no more!) salute you!

Kristina B said...

Oh - PS I must say I'm really pissed off at myself for tossing all those old mags when helping to clean out my grandmother's basement...