Monday, September 24, 2007

Out of commission

No, I haven't taken a retail job-- I've just felt like something off a bus station bathroom floor for the last week or so. I'm saving my energy for work, since I can't afford to miss a day and -- mainly -- because the place where I'm working is an awesome nonprofit and I don't want to miss a day.
Anyway, this probably isn't the best way to treat a chronic headache/impending sinus infection/mild stomach bug or whatever it is that I've got, but I discovered a very refreshing drink tonight that I want to share with you. Trust me, this stuff is awesome.

Alco-Seltzer:
About 1.5-2 oz. Absolut Pears
Most of a bottle of Dry Lemongrass soda
fresh lime wedge

Pour the vodka and soda over the rocks in a tall glass, twist the fresh lime juice into the whole shebang, and YUM you got yourself one refreshing, delicious drink.
Seriously, this might be a dangerous one because I could drink this down like iced tea. It's not quite as dangerous as the Blue Asian Pear Martinis that I like at this place downtown (which are mostly alcohol but I swear they go down like juice). Those are so innocuous-tasting that you can knock three of them back before the food reaches the table, which is a really bad idea. I only did it once. The broccoli prawns didn't go down quite as smoothly as the drinks did.

6 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

Poor thing, I hope you are feeling better soon. Going to work sick, that sucks.

Hobbygåsa said...

This sounds refreshing - and after some of them you maybe not even feel the sickness... I hope you are getting better soon, being seek is awful!

Helen said...

If you drink enough of your recipe drinks you won't notice your other sickness.I've only just found your blog - great title!

NH Knitting Mama said...

I have enjoyed poking around your blog this evening. Welcome to the knitting blog webring!

The drink sounds good to me! Anyting to make Alka Seltzer taste better...

Kristina B said...

that drink is AWESOME. You should sell it to the LCBO Food and Drink mag ;-)

my favourite drink (which I tend to avoid because I can suck way too much of it back) is Purple Popsicle. Blue curacao, vodka, cranberry juice and club soda. Yum.

Knit and fall back in it said...

Are you feeling any better yet?